Bookings are made and accepted on the following conditions:
1.Simon and Emma Oliver, (the Owners) accept no responsibility for Personal injury to the guests and his/her invitees (jointly known as the Holidaymakers) or loss of or damage to their property, or for all matters over which the Owners have no control.
2.This agreement is made on the basis that the property (The Property) is to be occupied by the holidaymakers for a holiday as stated in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and the holidaymakers acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
3. To be eligible to make a Booking and enter into a Rental Contract you must be 18 years of age or over and have the legal capacity to enter into legally binding agreements and possess a valid payment method such as a valid debit/credit card, or any other options as shown on the payment page.
4.A deposit of 50% of the holiday (deposit) OR if the holiday is due to start within 56 days of the date of a Booking Request 100% of the Rental Charge must accompany the booking form. This deposit is non refundable.
4.1 No bookings are valid until confirmed by the owners.
4.2.Once a booking is confirmed by the owners the guest is responsible for the balance of the cost of the holiday. This shall be paid not later than 56 days prior to the date on which the booking is due to start.
4.3.The Owners reserve the right to relet any holiday where any monies due are more than 4 days in arrears. If the Owner is unable to re-let the holiday the Guest will remain liable for the outstanding balance of the cost of the holiday.
4.5.In the event that the holidaymaker has to cancel their booking, they should notify the Owner immediately in writing. The cancellation takes effect when the Owner has received written confirmation from the Holidaymaker. If the Booking is cancelled after the balance of the Rental Charge becomes payable (the 56 days prior to the holiday start date) such balance shall remain payable notwithstanding cancellation.
4.5.1 No refunds will be given on the cancellation of a Booking by the Holidaymaker.
4.6 It is strongly suggested that Cancellation Insurance is taken out with a reputable insurer. It is your responsibility to check that your insurance cover is adequate to include provision for bad weather.
4.6.1 In the event of adverse weather conditions and you are unable to travel/reach the cottage, but the cottage has been made ready and is available for your use no refund will be given.
5.This agreement shall be binding on and ensure to the benefit of the parties to this Agreement and their respective personal representatives and successors, and references to any party shall include that party's personal representatives and successors.
6.The owners may cancel the booking in the event of the accommodation being unavailable due to circumstances outside our reasonable control such as fire or contamination to the water supply. The Owners will endeavour to provide the Guest with suitable alternative accommodation or will refund all monies paid or a proportion in the case of curtailment.
7.A guest requiring a booking to be altered once the booking has been confirmed will be charged £20.00 if a revised confirmation is required – this will be at the owners discretion.
8.The holidaymakers shall keep the property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the Property in the same state of repair as at the start of the holiday and shall leave the property in the same state of cleanliness in the order that it was found. Failure to do so may result in charges for additional cleaning to return the property to its original state. The Owners reserve the right to make a charge where guests have contravened an owners request for the property to be smoke free.
9. The holidaymaker must report and pay to the Owners the cost of any damage or breakages made during their occupancy.
10.The holidaymakers right to occupy the Property may be forfeited without compensation if: More people or pets than specified on the Booking Form attempt to take up occupation. The maximum number of guests is 4 adults and 1 babe in arms who must be able to sleep in a travel cot type bed and be 12 months or under at the time of the holiday. Unless otherwise agreed in writing the maximum number of dogs permitted is 3.
11. Any activity is undertaken which may cause unreasonable damage, noise or disturbance.
12. in the event of there being cause for complaint about the property, the matter should be taken up with the Owner/owners representative at once. This must be done whilst you are still at the property so that on the spot investigation can be made and if necessary remedial action taken. In no circumstances will compensation be considered for complaints raised after the holiday has ended when the holidaymakers have denied the Owners/caretakers the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to remedy matters during the holiday.
13.The Owners or their representatives shall be allowed access to the Property at any reasonable time during any occupancy.
14. Responsible pet owners are more than welcome and the following applies: Young pets i.e. dogs less than six months old at the time of the intended visit MUST be declared to the Owner at the time of booking and authorised by the owner. If a puppy or young pet is taken to the property without the consent of the owner this could result in you being asked to leave without compensation. When booking online it is advised you check the acceptance of your young dog by either telephone or email to the owner. Dog Owners are to observe the following rules (failure to do so may result in you being asked to leave without compensation).Dogs must be under strict control at all times while in the property, the gardens and the immediate area. This includes excessive barking. Any fouling of lawns must be cleared up. Dogs MUST NOT be left alone in the cottage or gardens. Dog are not allowed on the beds. All pet hair must be cleared before departing. Failure to do so may incur an additional charge which is at the owner's discretion
Dog owners must ensure that their pets are free from parasites and fleas before they occupy the property. Failure to do so may incur subsequent charges. Each dog or pet will be charged at £30.00 per week or part week.
15.The information on the websites are as accurate as possible. However facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside the Owners control, in which case the owners cannot accept responsibility. The Owners make every effort to ensure that the property details supplied are accurate. Mistakes may occur from time to time and confirmation should be requested prior to booking. The holidaymaker must accept minor differences between text/photograph on the website and the actual property. The Owners cannot accept responsibility should the property not conform to the Holidaymaker’s standards. If a facility is particularly important to you, please check with the Owners prior to booking.
16.The Booking Conditions will apply to all confirmed bookings.
17. Written Communications. You agree to receive communications from the Owners electronically and that electronic communications will satisfy any legal requirement for communications to be in writing.
The Quantocks are are the perfect location for a luxury romantic holiday or mini-break with your dog and and also for a gathering of friends and family as it offers the best of the English countryside, yet is two hours closer to London and the Midlands than Cornwall or South Devon.
Being dog owners we appreciate that dogs are very important members of the family and that they must enjoy a holiday as much as you do.
Although we have only 3 luxury pet friendly holiday properties with enclosed garden and open fire it is a huge team and family effort to ensure that our guests both 2 and 4 footed have the best time, so we thought you might like to see who we are.
There are always many questions one has when considering booking a unique luxury self-catering holiday cottage which is dog friendly and has enclosed grades. We hope to answer most of your questions on this website particularly on our FAQ page. But if not please feel free to contact us